Sunday 2 April 2017

Dark Sylvaneth - Bog Durthu WIP



Evenin all!

Thought I would post up the beginnings of a new conversion project for my Bog Sylvaneth project, now titled the Dirge (this will possibly change if I thin of anything more suitable). I plan to post up my progress as I go through the conversion on this model, which you will hopefully find interesting to see the process (fingers crossed this conversion idea works :D )


Part of the start collecting box set box set includes a tree man/Durthu kit and I have been mulling over what I wanted to do with the kit to represent a treeman in my bog army. After mooching over a few kits on the GW website I formulated a plan in my delirious brain and set to work purchasing. Luckily I found a bargain on eBay for some nurgle plague drones (I am trying to do this as cheaply as possible if I can) and I have started meshing and chopping the two kits together. I decided I wanted to do Durthu first, and the idea is to have a recogniseable model as him, but with the sense that something has gone horriblywrong too.

In the photos below you can see I have started on the posing, with the legs all glued and set to the base, and the hips rudely attached to the slug like torso. The belly has started to be sculpted in, but there is a long way to go before I am happy with it.




more to come soon :)
NafNaf

No comments:

Post a Comment